- This event has passed.
2020 Election The Good, The Bad, & The Different
November 12, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Date: Thursday, November 12, 2020 | 12:00-1:00PM PT
The Good, The Bad, & The Different
[Zoom Webinar] Thursday, November 12, 2020 | 12:00-1:00PM PT
LIMITED SEATS – RSVP NOW!
Join us for a highly informative, one-hour webinar presentation featuring Michael Lee, Attorney at Law with RUI Attorneys, to learn about the impact of the new items affecting real estate and landlords in the year to come.
o California State Planning
• Prop 19 Passed: If you’re over 55, take your property tax basis with you. If you inherit your parents’ house, you better live there.
• Do you need to change your revocable living trust?
• Are LLCs more attractive for real property?
• Homestead Exemption: From $75,000 to $600,000, and what that means for asset protection.
• Does asset protection now work in California?
• Does the equity strip now work in California?
o Federal Tax Planning
• Income Tax: Step-Up in Basis – Section 1014
• Capital Gains
• Estate Tax: Don’t get used to the $11 million dollar exemption, it’s going to go on December 31, 2025.
• It’s time for intra family sales, the AFR is low and likely to stay low through early 2021.
Partner, RUI Attorneys
Michael Lee is the managing partner of RUI Attorneys, a premier bay area law firm specializing in estate and tax planning. The primary focus of his transactional practice is structuring international business transactions and wealth management services for high-net worth families to promote tax efficiency via US-foreign treaties or sophisticated multi-modal estate planning. Examples of specialized representations include estate planning for nonresident aliens, US inbound business transactions, complex real estate transactions and asset protection. Representative clients include multi-national companies, company directors and officers, persons of multiple-nationality / tax obligations, and fiduciaries.